"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Friday, April 30, 2010

Winter Wonderland...In Spring!

I started off from Ashland a little before 9 and there was still cloud coverage on the peaks. The forecast said it was supposed to clear up, so I went ahead. Shortly out of town I had a 3,000 ft vertical climb over 4 miles. About q mile into the climb I started riding through a drizzling snow which soon became flurries. Shortly after that was a really good snow of the real fluffy type that looks like a postcard.

I eventually made the first summit and the sun started coming out as I went down the back side. As the sun came out the snow on the trees started falling off and the road began to steam from the temperature range.

Once the sun came out it stayed out and i made two more summits. Overall the road wasnt used that much which made for relaxing riding. The only challenging part was riding with severe cotton mouth due to the pills I have been taking for my back. Other than that it was a great day to ride.

No comments: