"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Snow Again?

I arrived in Oregon a couple days ago and found a campground for the night after a day of cool rain. When I woke up in the morning, however, I had a good layer of snow on my tent.

I put on some different warm clothes since those from the day before were soaked. I then put plastic bags on my head and feet to try and stay warmer and a little dryer. It worked, though I looked a little funny. My summit for the day was a little over 1600 ft, which means I was lower than that to get snow. During the day it got a little warmer and dryer. When I got to the place I was staying for the night I heard they had hail earlier in the day and I experienced some sleet. This all at the end of April and not up in the mountains.

As I rode today I couldn't see many of the peaks due to cloud cover. This made me glad I switched my route so I didn't have to ride in that for two days.

No comments: