"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Walking

I haven't written for a couple days due to exhaustion. My body is fully tired and my muscles wore out. My legs feel funny when I walk and they've buckled a few times.

The ride to Napa was good: fairly level and decent shoulder most of the way. There was some construction and I did a detour that ended up a few miles gravel but was less stressful than the highway. It was all downhill from the Napa county line.

Yesterday I relaxed and also toured downtown a bit. Downtown is very scenic here. I was surprised to learn that only 9% of Napa county is vineyards. Around here they even surround the golf course, which is named after wine.


1 Corinthians 16:13,14 - Be alert. Continue strong in the faith. Have courage, and be strong. Do everything in love.

No comments: