"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

So I am finally off and moving again and made a nice 60 mile ride today. I headed up to Fresno and had to search around a bit for my route. I eventually found it. There was some trouble due to the windiness of the road and streets with similar names. I finally got to the north side of town and the access road stopped and there wasnt really an alternative to the freeway. When that happens they are supposed to allow you to ride on the freeway. Fresno, however, would not. After searching on gps for a while I found a route that worked and made it to the site at a decent time.

It was a pretty level ride today with only a few hills at the end. The sky was clear and a nice cool breeze was blowing. At times you could see the mountains to the east.

It feels good to he on the road again. My body is handling it well and enjoying the physicality. My breaks have proven valuable. Only five more days of riding and I will be on the coast again.

Psalm 16:3 - depend on the Lord in whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

No comments: