"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy Tax Day

My dad finished up his busy season today, as he is a cpa, and tomorrow he is usually sick: on my birthday. My horse turned five yesterday.

Last night I was the only person at my campground and it was quite peaceful. The only problem was the stray cat partway thru the night that decided to go into a shower stall and bawl for a while. It was quite annoying and a little disturbing with the echoing sound that accompanied it.

I left later this morning so I would not get to my cousins house too early. Partway there I was still feeling a little weird, which happened since I woke up, so I stopped and got a bit to eat. From Escalon on I had wide shoulders.

As I rode the scenery went from orchards to dairy farms. I was in a relaxed mood at that time and started singing. I don't know if I was really good or really bad bit every cow I went by stopped what it was doing and watched me.

I arrived at around 4:30 and talked for awhile then my other cousins arrived and we had dinner.

My other cousins wife is from the Napa area and is a cyclist, so she gave me pointers on my next couple of days.


Ecclesiastes 11:8 - People ought to enjoy every day of their lives, no matter how long they live.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Josh. We can still remember how you looked on the day you were born. Quite small (dare we say scrawny?) but you have made up for it! We like to read about your experiences. Hope God blesses you with some good ones today.

--Bill and Penny

Hannah said...

I have really been enjoying the verses you're including with your posts. They definitely encourage me...as they do you, I'm sure.

Also love that you sing on your bike! I think that's great.

Have a very Happy Birthday!

denbec said...

On my trip I wore headphones for the first time as I was riding on the Cowboy Trail in Nebraska. It felt so great to hear music I was singing like crazy! I got the same response from the cows. LOL