"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

RV There Yet

I made it into Oregon today. It rained most of the time. I took my time getting ready because I knew it was a short day and decided it would be better to ride in rain when it was warmer.

The rain was light and there wasn't much wind, so it wasn't that bad to ride in until I got just south of Oregon. I pulled into a rest area fairly warm, but when I left the temperature dropped. I rode through a tunnel that warmed me up but when I left it I shivered for quite some time. I then warmed up again and found a place to camp, but no one was around to help me at the first place I stopped, so I rode a few more miles and found a place that said it had tent camping. By this time I was frozen and shivering again and when I went to fill out the card it was hard to write.

A couple of times while riding today the sun did appear and it was refreshing. It was barely drizzling when I set up my tent during one of these sun showings. Shortly after it started to rain again and is continuing to do so.

I had to replan my route for the next few days due to weather (snow) and my back. I have decided to go on the south side of the cascades instead of thru the middle. This will make for slightly longer days, but shouldn't add any.

1 comment:

Dusty said...

hey josh,
i'm sorry to hear about your back. i hope you get to rest it some and will pray that He will heal you quickly. how does it feel being this far into the trip? still enjoying it, changing emotions, or just enduring it? do you have an idea of your finish date, or just taking it as it goes? keep writing (and posting photos) and keep up the good work.