"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cruising the 101

Got up early and headed up the coast. Figured I would have some strong headwinds, which I did occasionally. I had a short coastal ride and then I entered the redwoods again. Saw at least 7 other tourers today. Talked with some of them and hung out with one couple for a while by the entrance to the drive thru tree. They were from Vancouver.

I rode through the tree and then headed on and had some strong headwinds. I am camped in a grocers of redwoods tonight and took a picture by one that was wider than my bike and it wasn't even the thickest one.

The post has to be short tonight because I'm low on battery power and my solar charger hasn't been getting enough sun. More exploits and pics to come.

1 comment:

K. Higgins said...

thanks so much for writing about all your adventures! god bless!