"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Bull's End

I left Missoula today. I went to pick up a couple things from the store and went I came out I had a low tire. I expected this at some point since I had rotated my tires and that's when one usually goes flat. I repaired it and took off. It took a while to get going because I had to answer a few people's questions about my ride. I finally got going and onto the interstate. This is not my preferred choice of travel but was about the only option. I headed east and took frequent breaks because I had time to kill. My planned destination was 60 miles away. I was there by 1:30. This even with breaks and more questions due to stopping at rest areas. Many people were friendly and I had very little trouble with traffic. This was partly due to the lack of traffic on Montana roads. The temperature reached the mid-80's today and was beautiful and sunny until the last 15 miles of the day. I had seen storms in the mountains all around me but thankfully that's where they stayed. I got sprinkled on a couple times and the wind picked up. This wasn't too bad since just to the east of me the sky was dark and I could see the rain coming down pretty good. The last mile was the hardest due to about 15 mph crosswinds. That last mile seemed to last forever, partly due to the wind and partly due to the fact that the exit was nearly a mile from it's mile marker. I pulled in to the campground just off the interstate and the people were friendly and gave me the discounted rate. That's good since the only other true camping option was koa. I set up and showered and then headed to the restaurant a block away to which the campground gave me a discount coupon. The food was very good but I had a hard time deciding because I was so hungry everything looked good. It is now 8 pm and the sun still has about an hour until it sets. This has taken some getting used to since arriving in Missoula.

The title refers to a restaurant I rode by on my ride today. It had pictures and all.

1 comment:

K. Higgins said...

sounds GORGEOUS and fun! God bless!