"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Another Wine Country

I tried to sleep in today but the 4 and 5 am fisherman decided to wake me up. I laid around a while and then got ready to go around 9. As I was leaving town I got a flat due to multiple thorns going into my rear tire. I fixed it and continued to move and soon I was riding along the Columbia river. Shortly after entering Washington again I got a tail wind that lasted until most of the way to Walla Walla. It was a pretty average day and this part of Washington has a lot of wineries, though I didn't see many vineyards.

I'm staying at a warm showers host house tonight and it was built in 1908 and is on the historic homes register.

I added a side tab that allows you to access the Bend article and will soon attach the two articles from my hometown paper as well.

No comments: