"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Word Of Thanks

Upon reading other journals and a change in mentality throughout this ride, I wanted to start thanking and mentioning those people who have assisted me through my trip. Here is a list of people so far...

McCook, Ne = Mason = met on side of road
Idalia, Co = Football Coach = met at school
Last Chance, Co = John = pastor of methodist church
Aurora, Co = Hannah, Jim, Rachel = friend and host's of friend
Colrado Springs, Co = Larry and Sue = family friends
Dodge City, Ks = Scott and family = 2nd cousin
Wichita, Ks = Brian = friend
Tulsa, Ok = Nathan and Valerie = friends
Siloam Springs, Ar = Jon, Reid, Michel = friends
New Johnsonville, Tn = Joe = pastor of church of Christ
Dandridge, Tn = Robert = pastor of first baptist church
St Augustine, Fl = Pirate Haus Inn = hostel with great people
Ft Lauderdale, Fl = Dennis = warmshowers host
Gainesville, Fl = Jimi = friend
Tallahassee, Fl = Gene and family = warmshowers hosts
Pensacola, Fl = Richard = friend's brother
Mobile, Al = Gerry and family = friend and his family
Amite, La = Gerry = friend
Outside Natchez, Ms = Chester = met on roadside
Dallas, Tx = Pablo =friend
Fort Worth, Tx = Zack and Sarah = friends
Austin, Tx = Jason and Kim = Sister-in-laws family
Austin, Tx = Ryan = friend
Kerrville, Tx = Camp Eagle, Anthony, Craig, etc = friends and former workplace
Midland, Tx = Mike and Jody = friends
Arizona City, Az = Neil = friend
Wickenburg, Az = Wes, Emily = friends
Newport Beach, Ca = Tyler and Allison = friends
Escondido, Ca = Alexis = friend
West Hollywood, Ca = Aaron = friend
Valencia, Ca = Dave and Sheri = cousins
Hanford, Ca = Lila, Ron = great aunt and her son
Lodi, Ca = Clint, Dan and families = 2nd cousin's and family
Bend, Or = Carl and Sue = friends of 2nd cousin
Walla Walla, Wa = Dan, Allison, and family = warmshowers hosts
Missoula, Mt = Josh and KP = friends of family
Casper, Wy = Pat and Nancy = friends parents
Douglas, Wy = Mick, Cindy, Hannah = friends

and the countless others whose names I don't know or can't remember. All but a couple gave me a place to stay, along with other things, and a couple provided me meals and social time. If I have not mentioned you, feel free to let me know and I will correct it ASAP.

Thanks Again

1 comment:

denbec said...

I can't speak for everyone else but it was my pleasure to meet you and follow your blog. Your trip is an inspiration - even to those of us who have done extended tours. And I wanted to thank you for linking the blog of my trip on your site.

I hope it works out for you to stay in Ft. Pierre so you can also meet my Sister and Mom. I'm not totally sure why but that would be cool for me. :)