"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Friday, June 4, 2010

Jackalope Days

As has become the case the last few times I stopped, all my big plans went to the wayside due to getting sick. Because I was sick my muscles weren't getting used as much, so they got stiff. As has been the case, however, my body made a recovery the day I needed to go. I was at least able to hang out with my friends and get a tuneup done on the bike. and for those of you not aware, Douglas is the home of the jackalope.

I left town today after eating lunch with some friends from Lonetree. I then proceeded to head to my friends, Brad and Heather, house. I was making extremely good time due to the wind and so I took quite a few breaks along the way. They weren't home when I got there and their dog only let me hang out so long before he decided he didn't want me in his sight. I therefore decided to hang out on the semi for a while.

1 comment:

denbec said...

Interesting - I just realized that I also got sick on my trip the week that I was visiting family in South Dakota. (I'm fairly certain it was the Swine Flu since that's all anyone was talking about last summer). The power of the mind and body is incredible - this seems more than a coincidence. Interesting indeed. Glad you are feeling better though!