"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Calm Before The Storm

It is amazing that I barely see a car an hour right now and soon I will be hard pressed to not see a car a minute.

The rain has been bad through the Dakotas and Minnesota lately. The ground is saturated and the farmers have had a rough go of getting much planted. I had to help shawna's dad get unstuck quite a few times. The fun part was I got to play with farm equipment.

God has been quite good to me over the course of this trip and has consistently kept me safe and provided shelter when needed. During BRAN I had shelter for a tornado watch. I had shelter again in Murdo, SD during a storm and it cost just a bit more than camping. Then he gave me shawna's family and a warning in north Dakota that kept me from floods, tornadoes and hail. How many people know someone in north dakota? And then he has my course go right by their place while a storm brews. I had also decided to change my Minnesota course before, which was good, because originally I was planning on going through and staying in Wadena, the worst hit place during this storm system.
He has continued to watch over me during storms of all types and I can't wait to see what happens as population becomes the battle instead of nature. Hopefully there is little to do, but I know he can do it. I'm doing what I can though with getting a better mirror and possibly some pepper spray. The bike continues to hold up, even with 12,000 miles on it. He has kept anything major from breaking.

Here's to the final two months.

No comments: