"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Twister

I am getting ready to head north from Pierre, today and decided to write before I go. I spent a couple of days here hanging out with Rambo and Sharebare, Dennis' sister and brother in law. His mom was also here and her birthday was yesterday and they threw a suprise party for her, and she was suprised. That lasted all afternoon and well into the night.

Since being on BRAN and riding to Pierre I have had three nights with tornado warnings/watches, but thankfully have had no close calls with any. I have had some good amounts of rain and hail, but have been able to be inside when it has been hailing. Now, having had a colder than normal winter everywhere, we are having a wetter than normal spring everywhere. I now have to worry about flooding and lightning. Hopefully that all passes soon.

The rides of late have had good shoulders and, until yesterday, favorable winds. Yesterday wasn't all that bad until about 15 miles south of Pierre, then a head wind kicked in. It also drizzled a little, but no major storm.

Not much else to say right now. Just anxious to move on.


PS - I have also updated my GoogleMap and have organized locales through Louisianna. I have a few more to organize and a few I still need to remember so I can add them.

2 comments:

denbec said...

Josh, even though you didn't see much of the Black Hills in South Dakota - you still saw one of my favorite parts - Sharon and Ron's! :)

I thought it was very cool you got to meet my family and help Mom celebrate her birthday. It's like you were there in my place.

I always tell people that South Dakota has 2 seasons - winter and the 4th of July. The unusually cool wet weather will likely turn into scorching 100+ very soon. You will likely be out of the Dakota's by that time though.

You must be getting close to that 10,000 mile mark, congrats!

denbec said...

Josh - I hope you update soon, I've been worried about those strong storms right in your area. Hope all is well!