"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Home Again

When I left Casper I had a wonderful 20 mph tail wind and the weather was almost 40 degrees warmer and you wouldn't have known how bad yesterday was if you looked at the day. I got a couple of supplies and then booked it to Douglas at about 18mph. A normal 5-6 hr ride turned in to 3 hours. Before starting this trip I lived outside of Douglas for about 1 1/2 yrs. I still have friends in the area and have been spending time with them the last few days. I ended up getting sick yet again. This has become a trend every time I stop for any length of time. I am still recovering after a week of sickness and hope it goes away soon.

It turned out that a couple of my friends who had also moved away were coming back this weekend as well. The week has been spent seeing old friends, recovering from sickness, and working on the bike. The tires had 3500+ miles on them and pretty much no tread left. It also needed a good cleaning.

A couple days ago the weather was nice and a friend and I went out on the north platte river and kayaked for a few miles. The river is up very high and moved quite rapidly. We had a few sets of mild rapids that added to the excitement.

And that should bring everyone up to date. Sorry about the delay in writing. Reception was poor most places I stopped in Montana and Wyoming and then I got sick and didn't feel good sitting for long periods. I am in Douglas a few more days and then I head to Nebraska for a half week this weekend.

1 comment:

K. Higgins said...

sounds like u r having fun when the rest of us would be at home crying! good for you! God bless!