"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Monday, February 1, 2010

UFOs and Snow

I took some time in Carlsbad to relax and let the first storm pass. On Friday the passes were still hazardous to severe driving conditions. Having driven hwy 82 a couple years ago I knew it was narrow. I also decided due to having driven it before I would go to Roswell and see if I could see any aliens. That also gave me motel options everyday if need be.

I left for Roswell on Saturday and had no major happenings. I got to town and went to the visitors center. I got some good info there and also a discount motel guide. I stayed the night and then went to the International UFO Museum and Research Center. It was an interesting place and makes one wonder what was happening in the area at the time. Whether it was a UFO or some military thing, who knows.

Today I rode to Ruidoso. About 15 miles out of town I ran into a mild headwind. It wouldn't have been so bad except for the 75 mi day and the 4,000ft elevation gain. I got to town around five and checked in to a motel. There is a ski mountain in view and snow along the street. There is also a storm moving in in a couple days. I plan on getting out of here tomorrow.

No comments: