"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Friday, September 25, 2009

Decision Time

I left JBU yesterday morning and headed in the direction of Harrison, Ar. I rode to Springdale and took a break and then headed on. I got a flat as I left town. I fixed it and headed on and then a few miles later I got another flat. I found out my rim tape is starting to move so I taped it back in place. As I was trying to pump, my pump broke and I reverted to the hand pump. As I pumped with that I broke the tube at the valve stem. Things were not going my way. While all this was happening, my side pain had also been strong. My parents are coming to visit and they gave me the option of taking a two week break to rest my side and see what's up with it back home. I have to decide this and today made me think stronger about taking it. Also as I was fixing my bike a guy pulled up in his truck to see if I needed help. He offered me a ride and said I looked like I was having a rough time. He also said I looked harmless enough and took me all the way to Harrison. That gave me a chance to rest more and spend more time seeing what I should do.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I'll be praying for you, Josh -- for wisdom and healing and encouragement. Keep on keeping on!