"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Holy Toledo

I have ridden nearly 300 miles in three days since my last post. I'm now in eastern Ohio; state 30. It has been hot and humid the last few days and I have grand about 9 or so gallons of fluids.

July 4th found me in an rv park outside Jackson, mi. It ended up having a lot of friendly pros and I met and hung out with a good portion of them. Unfortunately I had a hard time sleeping even though I was exhausted.

The ride has been going well but it is hard to find words and energy to describe it at this point. I'm still enjoying it.

I tried to use a bike trail yesterday that the internet said was paved or crushed stone. I ended up riding on rough grass and dirt until I got to a different highway I could use. Finding bike trails has been touch and go out here.

No comments: