"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Friday, July 23, 2010

Fleeing The Scene

I found out I have to change from drinking Powerade to drinking gatorade now.

After dealing with a storm on the coast with thunder, lightning, high winds, and supposed tornadoes I made my way down the coast to Boston. Getting to Boston was no major concern, though getting around proved to be a bit of a challenge. No bike paths went the direction I needed and goggles marked bike lane roads were nonexistent. Traffic wasn't all friendly and I had to do some illegal things to get through. Eventually I made it.

One driver did make it enjoyable for me. He was driving a truck beside me and started asking me questions about my trip as the light turned green. He was unconcerned with the traffic and enjoyed hearing my story. This was nice since I had just recently had a lot of trouble getting the roads I needed.

I eventually got to the house I was staying at. A little ways through the evening I pulled my Powerade bottle filled with propel out. The parents and q couple of the kids commented about how I drank Powerade and they were gatorade drinkers. They then proceeded to inform me that the wife's dad was the inventor of gatorade back in the 60s. Also that his wife suggested flavoring it. So now I need to drink gatorade over Powerade.

3 comments:

denbec said...

Gatorade is better anyway in my opinion. And I don't trust that so called "vitamin water" stuff. If the store didn't have Gatorade or Powerade I just drank plain water.

Enjoy your trip to Branson!

Thomas said...

When you get to Kentucky we are in Louisville, you have a place to stay and hang out for a rest day (or two) here if you wish. Contact info is in my link.

Dusty said...

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,2007106,00.html
here's an interesting article about an ongoing lawsuit over coca-cola's "vitamin water", essentially that coke said anybody thinking vitamin water is a good source to get your vitamins is ridiculous. it's basically sugar water with a minute amount of vitamins.