"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

It's a brand new year and my journey is a third over. I have gone just under 5000 miles, across 14 states, and traveled for 4 months. It is still an adventure everyday, though at times I'm ready for it to be done. I am anxious for the next leg and will be excited when I am over halfway and on the downward slope. The journey so far has been challenging, yet rewarding. I have fought injury, sickness, loneliness, and tiredness to name a few things. I have also met many new people, many new places, seen some old friends, and accomplished something most won't do in a lifetime.

I have been blessed in many ways. I have seen and experienced others faiths, been given energy when none was left, seen many of God's wonderful creations, encouraged others in many ways, and am living a travelers life.

This new year has a lot to offer and I am anxious to see what God brings my way. I am more devoted than ever to finish this trip, though I am ready to start a long-term career. I am glad to have the opportunity to see so much and am anxious to share with others. I pray my body and commitment level hold up and that God continues to encourage and bless me and bless others through me.

Looking forward to a great 2010! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

denbec said...

Josh,

I am happy to hear the adventure will continue. I was thinking the Holidays may have changed your thinking so I was anxious to hear what you decided. I'm not sure how you manage to ride in these cold temps - I don't deal with cold well. Anyway, Happy New Year and I will continue to follow your progress!

Dennis in Fort Lauderdale