"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Princess, A Frog, And An Eagle

I went to church on Sunday to the united Methodist church's contemporary service. It was good and talked about how it only takes a spark to start a fire, but you need kindling and tender to keep it going. Afterwards my friends from camp and I ate at a Chinese restaraunt with poor service. Four of us then went to see the matinée of The Princess and the Frog. It was very good and classic Disney, though it seemed a bit dark at times for kids.

I have been helping out doing various projects at camp while I am here to help camp out and also pay room and board. This place has changed a lot yet stayed the same since I worked here. It is encouraging to see all the improvements and how God is blessing and encouraging this ministry.

Today I took a bike ride. I haven't ridden a mountain bike in a while. I also haven't ridden without gear, without clipless pedals, and on Texas soil in a long time. I got one of camps bikes fixed up and took off on an easier trail to get back into the groove. As I rode I improved and eventually was better than when I was last here. My increased muscles as well as my constant connection to a bike have no doubt helped. I road about eight miles of mixed intermediate to advanced routes.

I am still deciding my next moves. Yellowstone entrances won't be opened until late may and from what I have looked at so far, neither will the mountain passes in Idaho. I plan on researching more and seeing my options, but this next leg is going to be a lot of free time to hang out.

Until next time, enjoy.

No comments: