"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Longest State

I am now in the Dallas area. It has been sunny but very cold for the area: staying at or below freezing. Of course it isn't the 15" of snow since the weekend in Nebraska.

My route of Texas is fairly neat in that it's three days of travel, then Dallas, three days of travel, then Austin, three days of travel, then camp, three days of travel, then Midland. I will get to ring in the new year at camp eagle in the middle of nowhere Texas. I am anxious to see camp again as I have not been there in about two years. A lot has changed. I also get to see a lot of friends I haven't seen in a while all over Texas.

The next phase of my trip will slow down due to not being able to get over the mountain passes to soon. I am not fully sure of my route past Texas. I need to check out some weather info and estimate time and distances.

No comments: