"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hello Texas

I camped on the Sabine river last night. Well, not on but right next to it. Made it into Texas today. There was a cold rain today and last night was a cold night for camping. It also provided me with a migraine I am currently fighting.

As I pulled into Logansport, LA after dark last night I was hoping I would find a place to camp. I had trouble along the hwy finding a place. I ran across a man who directed me to a boat ramp on the Sabine. He said it was a park, but it was just a put in. I found a place to put up my tent, however. It was restful and worked fine.

This state will probably take me the longest visiting friends and family and riding across. I will probably not get out of Texas until the end of January. I will also get to take a break for a few days for Christmas and go home. For new years I will get to celebrate at where I worked at in the hill country.

No comments: