"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Welcome to Miami!

So I made it to Miami Beach on Sunday. The winds were flying over the last couple days due to tropical storm/hurricane Ida moving through the area (25-40+ mph). I once actually got picked up off the ground and placed 4 ft from where I was, landed in the sandy shoulder and nearly took a spill due to the lack of control, but just pulled it off to send me back to the road. That was quite an experience. I made it to the condo before my mom and her friend Sandy arrived, so I waited outside for them. They showed up a few minutes later and we checked in. The winds continued to blow for the next few days, but today was pretty mild. I will go into details on all this later, but I am going to be losing internet connection in a few minutes.

I was unable to have time to upload pictures before my mom leaves with my computer, so my brother will do this as soon as she gets home and they should be up by the end of the week. These will go from Oklahoma to Florida. I have kept very busy since arriving here - a trip to the keys, a trip to Palm Beach, getting to a bike shop, touring the city, etc. Hopefully I will have some rest over the next couple of days. On thursday, however, I will be doing an Everglades tour.

Just thought I should let everyone know I was alive and survived the trip to southern Florida, even with all the crazy and dangerous drivers around here who look straight at me and then nearly run into me. It can be quite nerve-racking at times - trying to stay alive.

1 comment:

denbec said...

Yup! Told ya - worst drivers in the world right here in S. Florida. Sorry about that whole tropical storm thingy. LOL However, we should have much better weather for you this week - if not just a tad chilly. It was nice meeting you - Safe riding!