"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pain, Pain, Go Away

Still in Gainesville. I have been working on getting protein into my system, stretching, walking, and riding over the last couple of days. Sadly my legs are still cramping, though not as bad. Hopefully this goes away in the next day or two and I can continue on.

It has been fun hanging out in Gainesville, however. Jimi has given me a strong desire to start climbing again. He showed me a couple videos and has informed me of his feats and trips. I have always enjoyed climbing since I started, but it has been challenging to keep up in the places I have lived lately. Also all of my climbing buddies ended up getting married to their new climbing partners. Hopefully I will find a place to climb again soon. I will at least be able to do a bit in Texas.

I am again struggling with the desire to settle in someplace again. I realize this will pass but sometimes it makes the energy level to leave a bit low. I truly am anxious to get back on the road and see what God has in store for me. I am anxious for this whole trip but am continually looking forward to the end. Thanks to all for your support and continued encouragement and prayers.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Praying for you for the now and the yet-to-come. Enjoy the views and the adventures!

Joshua Cunningham said...

Hello,

just thought I would say the above. I have the same name as you, and I have also embarked on some similar, but shorter, cycling adventures around europe. Couldnt let the coincidence slip without word!

All the best,

Josh Cunningham, UK

Joshua Cunningham said...

...ps

www.joshcunninghamcycling.com