"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Knives in the Legs

Made it to Gainesville today. Ended up renting a car in Miami and driving today. Wasn't in the plan, but I was only able to ride 5 mph. Shortly after leaving the condo my legs locked up and I could barely deal with the pain. My quads felt like they had knives sticking into them. I could barely move them. I eventually made it to a car rental place and my parents got me a deal on a car. I decided it would be cheaper to rent a car than to get a motel in Miami for a couple more days. I have a friend in Gainesville I could stay with, which cut costs. Since I already rode all the roads I decided I was okay to do this. It wasn't my number one choice but it works out.

No comments: