"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Good old rocky top

I made it out of Nashville. I camped a couple more nights in church yards. At Sparta I had a couple trucks pass me and swing into me and one of those succeeded in pushing me off the road. I was able to stay upright and get back on. I then had three cars try and push me off. One pickup followed me for a couple miles on my tail until he got bored and then drove off. I was ready to talk with the police and find a safe place but saw a church across the road and they let me camp.

The next day I came to a town and asked an officer if there was a place to camp and he told me how to get to a place illegally and camp illegally and then I asked about a church and he told me of a way to get to one. The pastor was a little hesitant on me camping being in a small town, but he offered me his home and then decided a motel was closer so the church paid for that and also had a Wednesday night dinner they invited me to. I then learned my uncle stopped right across the road from me on a truck ride he was on.

I made it to north Carolina the next day and decided to stay two nights because the next day was 90% chance of rain. That day ended up being beautiful and I did some hiking and relaxing. Burt and judy also pulled in next to me and we met each other and then burt and I stayed up till about 11 talking about trips we'd taken, cars, music, and other things. It was a very enjoyable time.

I plan on uploading pictures in a couple weeks in Florida when my mom is planning on visiting.

1 comment:

Kimberly Karas said...

Excited to read of your "faith" journey. It's such an encouragement to us all who step out in faith when it's "comfortable" to do so. Faith takes on a new dimention when we're outside our comfort zone. Living in a bike friendly city, I'm horrified by your many close encounters with automobiles! You are in my thoughts and prayed as you continue. We're all cheering you on!
Kimberly Karas