"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will --whatever we may think."
Lawrence Durrell

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Slight Change of Plans
















I went to school today at 8:45 for a Q&A with kindergarten through fifth graders. I told them a little about my trip and what all it would entail, showed them some of my gear and my bike fully loaded, and then allowed them to ask some questions. It was a good time. The principal also had the local newspaper come out and do a little piece on me.

The weather ended up being somewhat nasty this morning and was predicted to be all day along my intended route, so I held off a day. I got more things organized around here and then prepared myself for the ride ahead. I weighed my gear last night and with food it weighed in at around 90 lbs. That is quite a load, but there is about 20+ lbs of food that will fluctuate throughout the trip and hopefully be less in the future. I have a few luxuries along that may have to be trimmed back if necessary.

I will be posting from my IPOD touch, so I will not be able to upload pictures unless I am at a computer that will allow me. Therefore, I am going to develop my pictures and have one of my brothers post them on a separate website. I will post a link on my page once that is up and running. For now, here are pics of my intended route (roughly), my bike unloaded, and my bike loaded.

No comments: